Since the onset of the global pandemic in the U.S. in mid-March, BMW has instituted a number of measures to sell and service vehicles across the U.S. While the situation has differed greatly from state-to-state, at many locations, BMW has accelerated its use of digital sales practices, allowing customers to move further down the path to purchase online before visiting a store, and enabled virtual transactions so that purchases may be completed digitally and vehicles delivered. Dealers are also offering “invisible” service where vehicles in need of service or maintenance are picked up and dropped off without interaction.
“While automotive sales in the U.S. continue to be impacted by the ongoing global pandemic, the situation has provided an opportunity to institute new practices and find new ways to better serve our customers,” said Bernhard Kuhnt, president and CEO, BMW of North America. “As a result of these efforts and with the great partnership of our dealers, we have seen an increase in sales over each month of the quarter, which gives us reason to be cautiously optimistic for the second half of the year. As we continue to navigate these uncertain waters, we will always prioritize the health, safety and well-being of our employees, dealers and customers.”
Table 1: New Vehicle Sales BMW of North America, LLC, Q2 2020
|BMW passenger cars||26,335||44,387||-40.70%||56,917||83,179||-31.60%|
|BMW light trucks||24,622||39,589||-37.80%||53,495||71,024||-24.70%|
MINI Brand Sales
- MINI USA reported 5,288 vehicles sold during the second quarter of 2020, a decrease of 41.5% from the 9,044 sold during the same quarter a year ago.*
BMW Pre-Owned Vehicles
- BMW Certified Pre-Owned sold 26,720 vehicles during the second quarter of 2020, a decrease of 11.5% from the same quarter a year ago.
- Total BMW Pre-Owned sold 51,465 vehicles during the second quarter of 2020, a decrease of 19.4% from the same quarter a year ago.
MINI Pre-Owned Vehicles
- MINI Certified Pre-Owned sold 2,153 vehicles during the second quarter of 2020, a decrease of 39.7% from the same quarter a year ago.
- Total MINI Pre-Owned sold 5,250 vehicles during the second quarter of 2020, a decrease of 35.4% from the same quarter a year ago.
Table 2: Pre-Owned Vehicle Sales BMW of North America, LLC, Q2 2020
|Q2 2020||Q2||%||YTD 2020||YTD||%|
|BMW Total Pre-Owned||51,465||63,885||-19.40%||104,418||123,241||-15.30%|
|MINI Total Pre-Owned||5,250||8,133||-35.40%||10,840||15,199||-28.70%|
BMW of North America, LLC
(201) 571-5660 / firstname.lastname@example.org
BMW of North America, LLC
(201) 930-3166 / email@example.com